This summer we will produce first vyBuddy named version,
which we call v0.1alpha – codename “Suicide Blond”.
The idea of creating named versions even before major 1.0 release
belongs to Herminio and destined to avoid mess in documentation.
Yeap, documenting rolling release is an extremely dirty process.
We will add a great bunch of features to make this first named version
usable enough for Vyatta folks. Behold the list of planned modifications:
- Advanced host state color indication;
- On-demand commands with inline parameters;
- Per-task comments;
- Email notifications for host availability status changes;
- SSH console for quick access to remote systems (Java applet);
- Nice about/help page with blackjack and hookers;
- Host grouping (to scope tasks);
- JSON settings import/export;
- New compact Ubuntu 12.04-based appliance;
- vyBuddy installer for folks not using appliance;
We can not promise you any exact release date, but be sure we are working on it,
and will release as fast as it possible.
This work, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.